Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: ELECTRICS  (Read 5527 times)

Offline coneye

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
ELECTRICS
« on: August 01, 2013, 11:00:43 pm »

I was out for a ride yesterday , stopped at this cafe , and got talking to a guy on a honda  st ,  he was asking about my rocket  bla bla bla , Anyway this guy was saying he really wanted to buy the Trophy , but could'nt justify 28 grand , at least while his St was low mileage and only a couple of years old and worth nothing has a trade .

I  was saying  i want one but for that money , i'm waiting for them to get the teething problems out of the way ,  , such has he asked , i mentioned  the fork seals , and how yanks get them replaces Aussies get told to wipe them with a rag ,

I also mentioned the guy on here from our city who had his cut out on him on the freeway and almost  run over by a truck ,  He then suprised me by asking  what are the electics like , I said from what i have read there a bit all over the place some have problems some don't  some seem to get fixed some don't

He then said  its not suprising , he works in that industry , and he told me Triumph Outsource ,   there electric  stuff to a paticular company in china  , and along with others from the car industry , there are nothing but problems , he went on to mention different car models , that  CONTINUALLY have problems from  this company .

wITH HIS WORK HE HAS BEEN THERE , AND HE SAID THE QUALITY CONTROL IS ALL OVER THE PLACE , AND VERY POOR TO SAY THE LEAST , He said that was one of the main reasons he held back with the price  of the bike being so high , and he was sceptical of  where  the electronics and computer stuff was coming from .

Looks like , if what he is saying just  like the  cars , Triumph trophys will be having ongoing problems , that will never get totaly fixed .  for 28 grand , a bit to hit and miss for me., I'll definetly be waiting  a while longer

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: ELECTRICS
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 09:31:53 am »
That is a shame that you are going to hang on. I think that all makes of bikes and cars have both their 'lemons' and ones that have problems. there are also many more who don't.

I guess most of the issues we have are electronic. I also believe that the more gimmicks you add, the more prone you will be to having the bike or car snag.

'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 09:44:11 am »
Hi Coneye

I heard the loom was made in Thailand.

I think on a forum you will ALWAYS hear when there is a problem partly to see if any one else has had a similar issue or if they have a fix, but there are probably a lot of people that add to the forum and an awful lot more who just read and who do not comment that have a Trophy without having any problems.

If you carried out a pole with Trophy owners I wonder how many regret their choice, I would lay money on there not being many.

Perhaps we should do that, lets have a pole.

Roger

Offline NeXTer

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE(L) 13
  • City / Town: Link÷ping
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 09:56:52 am »
*Originally Posted by Roger [+]

Would that be a northern or southern one?

Offline Glenn

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wisbech, Cambs
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 10:02:19 am »
*Originally Posted by Roger [+]
Hi Coneye

I heard the loom was made in Thailand.

I think on a forum you will ALWAYS hear when there is a problem partly to see if any one else has had a similar issue or if they have a fix, but there are probably a lot of people that add to the forum and an awful lot more who just read and who do not comment that have a Trophy without having any problems.

If you carried out a pole with Trophy owners I wonder how many regret their choice, I would lay money on there not being many.

Roger
indeed Roger. I have had no electrical issues in 5000 miles of riding.
I did have leaking front fronts which were replaced with new. I have a damaged left rear pillion peg and a dealer appointment to get that fixed.

Most of us are delighted with our bikes and our Dealer support. My experience is that the Dealer and Triumph have been excellent.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 02:00:28 pm »
Yes coneye, for someone who hasn't even bought a
trophy yet that is an exceptionally jaded view of the world.

Yes a few of us have had problems, myself included (Leaking forks). You will also find that people who have had any problems are the
Most vocal in any of these forums, but I for one am still exceptionally pleased with my Trophy and wouldn't swap it for any of the competitors I compared it against when I made my choice!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 02:02:26 pm »
*Originally Posted by NeXTer [+]

:745: :745: :745:
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 02:09:50 pm »
*Originally Posted by NeXTer [+]
:745: :745: Let's take a poll to decide
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST