* Recent New Topics

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Indicator upgrade  (Read 733 times)

Online Wilko

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Pacific Blue
  • City / Town: Rowley Regis
Indicator upgrade
« on: July 04, 2019, 10:16:12 PM »
Hi all, I saw this on a Triumph Trophy site on Facebook, they looked pretty cool so I ordered a set.
With the headlights on the Indicator lens shows white, then if you indicate, the white goes off, and the amber flashes.
Childs play to fit, hour tops, I took a feed from the lighter socket to power them.
I think they look the part, and being led, a very low power draw.

Dual-Color Amber-White Switchback LED DRL Turn Signal Light Bulbs.

Paul Wilko

Offline Hoovooloo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE Black
  • City / Town: Chicago, IL
Re: Indicator upgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 12:55:57 AM »
Link to the information???  I like your new look.
Second Wave Founding Member Twisted Trophies

Bike: 17 TTSE - Phantom Black  "Toothless the Night Fury"

Online Wilko

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Pacific Blue
  • City / Town: Rowley Regis
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 06:22:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Hoovooloo [+]
Link to the information???  I like your new look.

I bought them off Ebay, saw someone's post on Facebook, they did the same, I think they look good, work well, and childs play to fit..... eBay item number:
Paul Wilko

Offline BTB

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Caerphilly
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 12:09:56 PM »
Looks good. I know you said itís easy to fit but how easy for a person with limited knowledge?!!! Are you able to give a step by step overview of what you did, any hints or tips? Just want to make sure I can successfully manage to fit them! Cheers

Online Novocastrian

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 12:59:00 PM »
Question - these operate in white mode in normal use I guess, but what happens when the indicator is activated?  Do they flash Amber - White - Amber - White or do they go Amber - Off - Amber - Off ?
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

Online jaapvanthoff

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE my2014
  • City / Town: Rotterdam
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 01:58:47 PM »
In the front, mine goes amber off amber off amber ..... white.
At the back I have done the same with my stopping light. I think the original stopping light is not so bright, and you must be in the direction the LED shines.
So there i have amber off amber nothing, or amber off amber braking light.

Mounting is very simple, mine came with a rubber peace. This imitate the plastic fitting.
On the LED lamp construction, there is a (dummy) part of the lamp which fits in the original lamp foot fitting.
The other wire is connected to your day running light, or and stopping light.
TTSE bleu
Dneper MT 16
ex: BMW R1200RT :-))
Some Saabs, Daimler serie 3

Offline BTB

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Caerphilly
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 09:16:34 AM »
I ordered a set of these thanks to Wilko.  Took me half hour to fit and I am pretty useless at this kind of thing.  It really was simple yet the end result is amazing.  Clear white lights and with a similar bulb in the central parking light it really does make a difference in visibility for the bike. Went out for a 150 mile ride yesterday and during stops a few other bikers were enquiring about them and considering fitting them. On a Trophy they make the size of the bike more visible and wide. Can only be of benefit in keeping me safe on roads were cars always seem to not see a bike! Going to keep the original bulbs on the bike just in case some over-zealous member of the constabulary pulls me and comments on them. The original bulbs can be re-fitted in minutes. Not sure what the law is on using the DRLís by night. There seems to be some vagueness on this. Even a traffic office friend of mine seemed unsure. I think I might just fit a small switch somewhere on the side of the glove box (on the outside right panel so it canít be seen but can be operated instantly if needed) so I can simply just switch them off if needed. The indicators will still function as they donít rely on the live feed that the white light needs. Any ideas?

Online jaapvanthoff

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE my2014
  • City / Town: Rotterdam
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 10:54:47 AM »
If you use a small mini switch, in the 12 V power line from the light source. then you interrupt the power to the LED. 
TTSE bleu
Dneper MT 16
ex: BMW R1200RT :-))
Some Saabs, Daimler serie 3