Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Disabling Park Lights on ignition  (Read 2023 times)

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
Re: Disabling Park Lights on ignition
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2019, 04:58:45 PM »
I am spending a weekend in Salou and having coffee, so by heart I take the opportunity to make a small scheme.

Regards

« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 05:03:24 PM by digital »
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Online Novocastrian

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2019, 05:05:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by digital [+]
I am spending a weekend in Salou and having coffee, so by heart I take the opportunity to make a small scheme.

Regards

I'm not very far away from you my friend. I'm in Tortosa on my TTSE !  Tomorrow I travel to Torreveija...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 05:07:26 PM by Novocastrian »
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2019, 05:24:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Novocastrian [+]
I'm not very far away from you my friend. I'm in Tortosa on my TTSE !  Tomorrow I travel to Torreveija...

I am very happy to know that, yes, we are very close.

About 78 km and about 51 minutes away ...

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2020, 09:19:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by pohm66 [+]
Hiya Braintrust...

I have done some searches but can't seem to find anything on whether or not it's feasible to disable / cancel / over-ride the park light setting on the ignition to negate the issue of accidentally getting a flat battery.

Paul
2014 Pacific Blue TTSE

I return the topic because looking for other topics I have seen this one, so I put the photo where it corresponds in case you still did not solve the problem to cancel the lights in parking mode, when I saw this post I was eating in a restaurant and in a coffee leaf I did the scheme as a chop.

So I leave here the schema in case someone else might be interested in canceling it. It is fully functional and there is no problem with the lights if it is done as it is done the scheme that I designed for this purpose ...

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2020, 05:53:20 PM »
Here's my idea on how to solve the issue of accidentally turning the ignition key to the park position but I don't know how to put such a circuit board together but I guess that it could be done?

It would contain a relay/timer/buzzer, making a sound for say just 5 seconds after the live feed to the parking light has been activated. :002:

Personally I always check that the headlights have gone off before walking away from the bike, after hearing that one member on here experienced a stuck relay, resulting in a flat battery,....hopefully that's a pretty rare thing to happen but best kept in mind. 

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2020, 10:22:18 PM »
Setting up a timer is very simple, in fact, mounted transistorized relay circuits are for sale now, I would just add a buzzer.

But be careful! This wouldn't work with the parking key, well, but it would also work by turning the ignition key to the ON position.

Note that when we turn the key to the park position, what it does is close 2 contacts to make way for a 12 volt voltage for the position light, brake light, and horn.

Then, when we put the ignition key in the ON position, the 2 mentioned contacts close again so that it turns on, brake light, position light and horn.

In the ON position, 3 more contacts are also closed, which would be for the headlight, the screen, the directional lights, etc., etc.

The easiest and does not fail follow the diagrams I have designed.

You just need a 3-circuit relay with 3 contacts as shown in the diagram, the contacts are: common, NO and NC, cut the two wires and connect them to the relay. The relay coils would be powered by negative (chassis) and the positive would be taken from the yellow wire.

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2020, 10:45:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by digital [+]
But be careful! This wouldn't work with the parking key, well, but it would also work by turning the ignition key to the ON position.

That's a good point that somehow passed me by. :008:

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2020, 11:25:44 PM »
I put another updated scheme since, the previous one had an error with the letters of the contacts.