Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 10k mile service and costs  (Read 459 times)

Offline Pits

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophyse
  • City / Town: Gardiner
10k mile service and costs
« on: July 19, 2019, 01:40:28 AM »
I just hit 10,000 miles and called the local (nearest) dealer about service. Making a long story short he told me about $850 and if I wanted they could change the brake fluid for an additional $150. I did not make an appointment, and furthermore he said I could drop the bike off and get it back in a week. I thought that is ridiculous. He also said something about needing the computer to reset the brakes. Besides changing oil, coolant and whatever else what does the 10k service consist of? I had a BMW in the '90's and it came with an inspection schedule and checklist. There was a level I and a level II maintenance, and everything involved was listed. I asked him to email me a list of the services, and he told me that he does not have a file, but could possibly take a picture of the list and email it to me. Really? Can anyone tell me of their experiences with a 10k miles checkup? That's a lot of money to be vague about what is being serviced.

Online HAT

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Milford, OH
Re: 10k mile service and costs
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 04:27:21 AM »
Maintenance/Inspection sheet attached.  I was originally going to do my own 10k service, but had a few warranty items needing attention and decided to do tire replacement at the same time, so I had it done at a (multi-brand) Triumph dealer about 100 miles from home.  Had a Triumph dealer in the area that I bought the bike from, but they quoted a ridiculous price for the 10k service, tires, and time frame to complete.  That was a bit over two years ago and if I recall correctly, the 10k service part of it was right at $650.  The quote you have is close to the cost of the 20k service on mine done at an independent (and good) shop - plus a bit extra for some additional work.

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 09:15:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by Pits [+]
I just hit 10,000 miles and called the local (nearest) dealer about service. Making a long story short he told me about $850 and if I wanted they could change the brake fluid for an additional $150. I did not make an appointment, and furthermore he said I could drop the bike off and get it back in a week. I thought that is ridiculous. He also said something about needing the computer to reset the brakes. Besides changing oil, coolant and whatever else what does the 10k service consist of? I had a BMW in the '90's and it came with an inspection schedule and checklist. There was a level I and a level II maintenance, and everything involved was listed. I asked him to email me a list of the services, and he told me that he does not have a file, but could possibly take a picture of the list and email it to me. Really? Can anyone tell me of their experiences with a 10k miles checkup? That's a lot of money to be vague about what is being serviced.

What is he on about? I've replaced pads etc and didn't need to use the dealer tool to reset anything,....it is needed to operate the ABS pump when replacing the brake fluid, maybe that's what he meant??

Offline Pits

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophyse
  • City / Town: Gardiner
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 11:16:11 AM »
Yes I think he was talking about replacing the brake fluid,

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 11:58:05 AM »
Apart from the Maintenance Schedule available
to download from the Maintenance, Serving and Mechanical Issues
Section of the Forum - which has the known errors from the original
Triumph version corrected, it is also available in the Owners Handbook !

Not the the Service Schedule is listed as Annually or “xx” miles,
so if you ride a low mileage Trophy you should not go by the Mileage alone
when determining which operations are needed.

A good example is the Rear suspension lower bearings, that should be examined
“Every 20,000 miles or 2 years - whichever occurs FIRST’”.

My Trophy has done just under 10,000 miles after 2 years,
and the Bearings and Sleeves were corroded. ( Being replaced under warranty before it ran out ! ).

Cheers  :821:

Smiles are infectious,and they are FREE,
so if you see someone without one, give them one of yours :-)