Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Dezl 780 GPS Mounts?  (Read 248 times)

Offline Jim McCrain

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Dallas
Dezl 780 GPS Mounts?
« on: August 01, 2019, 03:50:24 PM »
Has anyone here mounted a Garmin Dezl 780?  If so, how?  I know that there is a RAM mount available for the 770, but the 770 has been discontinued.  If I can find some way to adequately secure the 780 to my bike, then I can worry about "weatherizing" the gps.  One problem at a time!  :-)

Cheers!

Jim "Hoofer" McCrain

Offline tdragger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fredericksburg
Re: Dezl 780 GPS Mounts?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 06:36:08 PM »
I called and spoke with RAM about the very scenario.  They have not made a mount for the 780 and don't plan to.  The 770 mount only came about due to a military contract.

As far as weatherproofing, I've tried just about everything.  When it rains I shut the Dezl off and rely on my Zumo and my iPad.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 06:38:02 PM by tdragger »
-------------------------------------
06 Triumph Rocket III
15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #609 (formerly 42146)

Offline tdragger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 06:39:17 PM »
IMHO, your most important search right now should be for a Maple Farkle Bar.  They are not made anymore so you'll have to find one second hand.
06 Triumph Rocket III
15 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline tdragger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 06:42:01 PM »
Also recommend that you look into running up to Denison Sep 26-28 for the Iron Butt Association's Big As Texas Rally.  Lot's of farkling ideas on display.
06 Triumph Rocket III
15 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Jim McCrain

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Dallas
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 07:26:51 PM »
I am already registered for the Big As Texas party, so I know that I will be seeing some great ideas.  As for the Maple Farkels shelf, They were kind enough to send me the specs so that I could make my own.  Also, I spoke with the gentleman that is taking over the manufacture of the Maple line, and he is willing to make me one to go with an aux fuel tank.

I DID find a lockable RAM mount and cradle that will fit the Dezl 780.  It is the RAM EZ-Roll'r.  Part #RAM-HOL-GA75LU.  This will HOLD the Dezl, but not weather-ize it.  I have a few ideas on how to do that, though.

Jim

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 07:26:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by tdragger [+]
IMHO, your most important search right now should be for a Maple Farkle Bar.  They are not made anymore so you'll have to find one second hand.

Just as an fyi to folks who see this, Mike has sold Farkles by Maple, and the business is again a going concern, including the Trophy farkle shelf. Lucky us! :)

Also for mods: the company isn't even the same guy any more...maybe we could get a little relaxation re: the banning of even referring to them? Thanks!