Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: TES warning lamp  (Read 1581 times)

• Offline Jeffb   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    257
    • Topic Author

Offline Jeffb

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    • City / Town: Columbus OH
    TES warning lamp
    on: Aug 02, 2019, 03.02 am
    Aug 02, 2019, 03.02 am
    I've got the TES warning lamp lit continuously, and the "WARNING TES SYSTEM - CHECK MANUAL" message. When I turn the key on, not even starting the bike, the 15 amp fuse blows immediately. Being the electrical genius that I am, this indicates to me a short somewhere. I don't even know where to begin to look, or if it could be something else. Any suggestions?

• Offline Stoney   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    819

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
    • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
    Re: TES warning lamp
    Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2019, 06.11 am
    Aug 02, 2019, 06.11 am
    Hi Jeffb - This is a pretty rare problem as far as I know.  But I had the exact same problem about 4 or 5 years ago.  In my case, it ended up being a bad TES module.  I checked as much as I could, trying to isolate the problem before finally taking it to the dealer. No idea what it costs, as it was covered under warranty.  Zero problems with that system since.  Mine had even gotten to the point of blowing the fuse without even turning the key on.  Hopefully yours can be fixed in short time!
    STONEY

• Online Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    10062

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2019, 06.24 am
    Aug 02, 2019, 06.24 am
    ... the 15 amp fuse blows ...

Which one ? - There are three !

Front Fuse Box, No.6 - Windscreen,
    Rear Fuse Box, No. 2 - Engine Management
    Rear Fuse Box, No. 5 - Ignition, Instruments.

While this could be a faulty TES Module ( located on the right behind the Side Panel ),
    I would also suspect a fault with the wiring that exits the base of the Ignition Switch,
    which has been discussed extensively here : Ignition Switch Wiring Failures.

Cheers  :821:

Last Edit: Jan 07, 2020, 07.02 pm by Coconut

• Offline Jeffb   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    257
    • Topic Author

Offline Jeffb

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #3 on: Aug 03, 2019, 12.42 am
    Aug 03, 2019, 12.42 am
    Thanks Stoney. While not exactly what I was hoping to hear, it's encouraging to at least have a direction to go.

Coconut- It's the 15 amp fuse in the front fuse block, No. 5, labeled "Triumph Electronic
    Suspension."  Before I trot it in to the dealer, I'll certainly look at the ignition switch wiring. With all the info on that possible fault, I didn't remember anyone having it affect the TES.

Last Edit: Aug 03, 2019, 12.43 am by Jeffb

• Online Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    10062

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Reply #4 on: Aug 03, 2019, 08.10 am
    Aug 03, 2019, 08.10 am
    JeffB,

My apologies - previous reply about Fuse Boxes applies to the Trophy, not the Trophy SE !  :138:

Fuse 5 ( 15A ) of the Front Fuse Box, feeds directly to the TES Control Module
    along a green coloured wire, and nothing else, so I now think it more likely to be a problem
    with the wiring to that Module, or the TES Pre-Load motor that it controls, than the Ignition wiring.
    ( Still a good idea to check for the Ignition Wiring though, even if not the cause of this issue ).

The TES Control Module is mounted on the right side of the bike behind the Side Panel,
    and has a label on it from the supplier "N-Touch / RadioSound".
    It has NOTHING to do with the Audio system !

One check you can do before going to a Dealer, is for a Short Circuit of the Green wire
    ( running from the Fusebox to the TES Control Module soicket ), to Ground.

With the Main Battery disconnected, unplug the TES Control Module from the adjacent socket
    by depressing the Tab on the side of the socket. 

Connect a Test Meter between the pin for the Green wire at the Socket, and Ground
    to determine if there is a Short Circuit - if there is, possibly caused by chafing of the wiring,
    the Green wire needs to be taced back to the Fusebox, the fault found, and repaired.

If there's no short circiit on that wire, you'll probalky need a Dealer to test the
    TES Control Module - Triumph Part Number T2057559 - RRP in the region of £300.00,
    and the Pre-Load Motor - Triumph Part Number T2057551 - RRP in the region of £575.00 !

Cheers  :821:

Last Edit: Jan 07, 2020, 07.01 pm by Coconut

• Offline Jeffb   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    257
    • Topic Author

Offline Jeffb

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #5 on: Aug 04, 2019, 06.03 am
    Aug 04, 2019, 06.03 am
    Thanks for the additional info Coconut. That will certainly give me a head start when I get a chance to look at again. (I'm not sure I would have EVER figured out the N-Touch thing!)

On another, more general note, with this light on, the suspension has defaulted to some unknown setting. The TES adjustment menu is not available, but whatever setting it has defaulted to is just fine and works with no issues. It just can't be adjusted.

• Offline Stoney   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    819

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
    • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
    Reply #6 on: Aug 04, 2019, 06.32 am
    Aug 04, 2019, 06.32 am
    Hopefully it's just a wire shorted out somewhere, but whatever it is, make sure to share it here for future reference.  Good luck!
    STONEY