Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Spain Portugal and France  (Read 2677 times)

Offline mrtoad

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue TT SE
  • City / Town: Oxford
Spain Portugal and France
« on: August 04, 2013, 11:10:04 am »
Took the TT SE for its first serious run out this summer. Boat down to Santander (which was great) and then 2,800 miles touring northern spain and portugal. Return leg was up the middle of France, having dipped our toes in the Mediterranean.
We were two up, with SWMBO on the back with a huge quantity of many unnecessary stuff (hers) in the roll bag. 75% camping 25% B&B. Made no forward bookings other than the ferry to Santander. Spain and Portugal were a joy, great value accommodation and cheap food and drink, France less so.
Bike was flawless throughout and handled really well. This was a surprise given the huge amount of weight we were carrying, especially on the back. Leg ache and back ache was cured by raising the bike seat to the highest position.
39C in town was a challenge, especially when the fans came on! Only real complaint, and minor, was the operation of the cruise control. Its a bit agricultural compared to my old RT, and really hard to engage smoothly if you have normal length thumbs. Triumph should consider moving the button. Think we averaged 56 mpg overall, which was impressive given some enthusiastic riding in the mountains.

Offline NeXTer

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE(L) 13
  • City / Town: LinkŲping
Re: Spain Portugal and France
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 01:55:28 pm »
Sounds like an excellent trip!

I have to agree about the cruise control. The on/off button is a bit iffy to reach while holding the throttle, and the action when increasing or decreasing the set speed is rather jerky if you don't do it slowly one step at a time.

I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. Looking on the bright side, since it is software controlled there is at least a remote chance that Triumph will improve how it works in a future update.

Offline atuti

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Washington DC
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 02:24:55 pm »
I like the way in which you consider my country, Spain....  I feel very happy seeing that, at least those visiting us, realize that this is a great country, with first class services and first class attitude towards all of you.
We are crossing now an economical trail of tears, but we have already set the basis to climb the hill again.
If any of you happen to pass by Madrid, please be confident enough to let me know and my Trophy (better known as "Afghana") will be more than happy to support you or/and advice you on touristic matters around Spain's capital.

V,ssssss

Offline woody

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sunny Swindon
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 06:23:27 am »
We did the same trip earlier this year but in reverse starting at Calais through France Andorra south of Spain and back up to Santander. All told 2500 miles and I was so impressed how well the bike rode two up with all the luggage full up. A software updated before the trip seemed to smooth out the cruise control. I canít wait for next year we havenít decided where to go yet thinking maybe north Italy lakes and Alps.
Nothing to fear but fear itself!

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 04:43:08 pm »
OK I give up. What does SWMBO mean?
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 04:52:15 pm »
She Who Must Be Obeyed!

LOL

Easy really!

:745: :745: :745:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 05:46:02 pm »
Damn some of you guys must have strange marital relationships :156: or else it's just a joke :033:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline mrtoad

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue TT SE
  • City / Town: Oxford
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 05:57:12 pm »
*Originally Posted by woody [+]
We did the same trip earlier this year but in reverse starting at Calais through France Andorra south of Spain and back up to Santander. All told 2500 miles and I was so impressed how well the bike rode two up with all the luggage full up. A software updated before the trip seemed to smooth out the cruise control. I canít wait for next year we havenít decided where to go yet thinking maybe north Italy lakes and Alps.

We did the Italian Lakes and Alps (and a bit of Croatia) a few years ago, so can help out with some routes and accommodation.
My issue with the cruise control is more the physical location of the switch. If it was like the main beam switch it would be perfect

tweedy-bunch