Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Costco "Kirkland" Hearing Aids  (Read 271 times)

Offline Shemogolee

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE2016
  • City / Town: Chilliwack
Costco "Kirkland" Hearing Aids
« on: September 02, 2019, 06:48:08 AM »
Hi All,

Apparently my hearing is getting to the point that I may need hearing aids. I am getting tested in November and based on my research the Costco "Kirkland Signature 8.0" system might be the answer for me.

Is anyone on the Forum using them? Any input greatly appreciated. I wear a Shoe Neotec II helmet.

best regards,

Shemogolee
If you're not disciplined enough to apply your knowledge and skills you're an accident looking for a place to happen

Online Jeffb

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Columbus OH
Re: Costco "Kirkland" Hearing Aids
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 09:48:20 PM »
I don't wear Kirkland, but my experience has me believing anything "Costco" is pretty high quality. What got my attention was you mentioning your helmet. I have a friend who wears his hearing aids when he rides, and it confuses me. I'm of the opinion that the noise of riding a motorcycle is at least partially the reason I have to wear hearing aids- why would I want to magnify the sound?  I take my hearing aids out and put in earplugs when I ride.  Don't know if there's validity to my thinking, but it's what I do.

Offline Shemogolee

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE2016
  • City / Town: Chilliwack
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 10:49:03 PM »
Hi Jeffb,

I do wear custom fit earplugs when I ride so your suggestion of just leaving the hearing aids in the panniers is a good idea. Brain must have been in neutral when I posted  :430:

best regards,
Shemogolee

If you're not disciplined enough to apply your knowledge and skills you're an accident looking for a place to happen

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 12:34:32 AM »
I ride with Jlab Executive noise cancelling earbuds  now and WOW what a difference!  They cancel out most of the wind noise and reduce what they don't cancel and the audio in the helmet is good.  The only thing I don't really like is all the different connections required to get power to them.  They have an internal battery that lasts a good while but will work indefinitely while wired to the headset.  I just couldn't bring myself to spend $250 for Bose Quiet Comfort 2's although I'm sure they're great (the Bose speakers in my house are), and everyone that has them like them.  I would NEVER ride with my hearing aids in, I've already had enough damage done by the Air Force, I don't need any more.  My hearing aids are not Costco, but I wish I had gone there instead of my ENT, that I must see twice a year for other issues.  People I know with Costco hearing aids love them and that includes one brand new user I know.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Ray_B

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 SE (ex '13 SE)
  • City / Town: Central New Jersey
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 03:49:56 PM »
I have the Costco BTE aids and they are excellent for the price. Like the previous posters, I don't wear them on the bike. I use earplugs on all rides to save what hearing I still have.
Ray

tweedy-bunch