Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Ignition Switch Wiring WORLDWIDE Safety Recall SRAN574  (Read 14114 times)

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Ignition Switch Wiring WORLDWIDE Safety Recall SRAN574
« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2020, 09:15:24 AM »
.... the manufacturer has responsibility to notify of a problem THEY created,
especially when we are talking less than 6 years old.

And that is exactly what they ARE doing - right now, as per my previous message !  :027:

Don't get me wrong, I think Triumph should have sorted this
out a LONG time ago instead of having to be pushed into it,
but the issue IS now being addressed, and Owners ARE being contacted.

Just because you have not received a Recall letter ( yet )
doesn't necessarily mean that it is Triumph's fault,
or that you won't be contacted.

Would your opinions change, for example, if U.S. Mail contacted you next to week to aplogise
that they had found a letter from Triumph addressed to you, that they had inadvertently
delivered to the wrong address, or that they were responsible for some other delay etc ?

There may well also be follow up letters sent out to those that didn't repsond to the first, etc.

Anyway, the most important thing is that you DO know of this Recall now
and you can take the appropriate action, if you haven't already done so !  :028:

Cheers  :821:

Offline pjhprop

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy
  • City / Town: Leeds
« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2020, 10:25:37 AM »
Just as a follow on

I was initially going to inspect this myself following postings on the forum whilst on lockdown but decided instead to action this through the dealership.

I did not wait to be formally informed by triumph of the recall I just called whilst passing into my local triumph dealer and booked it in for the inspection.

I have to say they have responded in a speedy professional manner so far.

Offline Bobrob

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Hampster
« Reply #178 on: May 17, 2020, 07:49:37 PM »
I got the recall last month. Due to a move and other life events, I just pulled the bike out today to get the "winter off" and lo and behold, turning the bars left shuts the whole bike down. Looks like the dealership is gonna have to come get mine.

Offline Peds8045

• Trophy Junior
  • Pedro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 1215
  • City / Town: Telford
« Reply #179 on: May 18, 2020, 03:49:48 PM »
I got my call from Triumph Staffordshire today and am booked in for the recall check/fix on 10th June. They said it takes 0.1 hour for the check and 0.5 hour for the work if its needed. Incidentally, i was not registered as the current owner on the Triumph database as i had not informed them when i purchased the bike second hand last year. They had my details because i emailed them about six weeks ago when i enquired about the recall. If people aren't getting the call then this could be a factor.

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2020, 03:29:20 PM »
I have been very surprised to receive this letter from the Spanish Ministry of the Interior of Traffic.

Honestly, I have to say that the manufacturer Triumph has sent the notification directly to the Home Office to notify you of the recall to fix the ignition wiring problem.

I also want to add that my motorcycle was bought from the second hand and I have had it for 5 years, since I have my TTSE, it has never entered any workshop, so nobody had any record of the owner of said motorcycle.

So once again thanks to Triumph for doing a job that deserves to be applauded, yes sir !!! How can we see if Triumph is triumphant !!!.

Cheers

Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline Leanover

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 trophy se
  • City / Town: M÷rlenbach
« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2020, 05:41:20 PM »
I had mine checked yesterday.  It took an unbelievable 9 hours!! I'm so glad I don't normally have anything to do with dealers!. Anyway they didn't find a problem  :001: they did try to find some extra work,  but were disappointed.  Anyway we celebrated today with a Black forest tour, about 360 km of sunshine and twisting roads .I'm beginning to  love the triumph again!  Mrs leanover was enjoying the seat after a few weeks on the back of my husqvarna tr 650 strada!,.  Chris.

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2020, 07:23:08 PM »
I'm glad it does.

We all want to be able to do a few hundred kilometers, especially my lady. I'm still taking the bike to do some work, about 100 kilometers every time I go out.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline HAT

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Milford, OH
« Reply #183 on: May 27, 2020, 06:38:00 PM »
Am I missing something?  Received the recall notice and plan to have it checked/done at the dealer in the next few days.  While taking a look at the situation myself, I can see the ignition harness, etc.  But I see as much, if not more of a problem with all of the other harnesses coming down from the right side handlebar.  (see photos)

The first photo 0530b shows the area from the right side of the motorcycle with the handlebars turned full right.  The front brake line is tight against the clutch line which in turn is crushing the harnesses coming off the right handlebar.

The second photo 0532b shows the area from the left side with the handlebars turned full left.  The front brake line is well clear of everything, but the clutch line is crushing the harnesses that come from the right handlebar.  (The third photo 0533 show that same spot and shows the crushed harnesses better)

The recall does not address this damage area, just the ignition harness/connection area.  Are all Trophy SE's subject to this same stressed/crushed condition?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 06:41:48 PM by HAT »

tweedy-bunch