Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Ignition Switch Wiring WORLDWIDE Safety Recall SRAN574  (Read 28535 times)

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
Re: Ignition Switch Wiring WORLDWIDE Safety Recall SRAN574
« Reply #272 on: October 08, 2020, 01:21:44 pm »
Mine was done this morning at Triumph Newcastle.  I guess the handlebars must have been removed and maybe the top yoke...strange orange marks appeared while they had it.  They told me another Trophy owner called Dave had been in while I was promenading in the town centre...must be Garmin Dave from South Shields?

Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

Offline dandrumheller

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Lebanon ME
« Reply #273 on: October 09, 2020, 01:28:25 am »
My guess is that those orange marks were put there to indicate that each bolt was torqued to spec.  There are quite a few white ones on my bike that have been there since new.  Much as they may be unsightly, I'd be happy to have my dealer put them on - so far found 2 left loose since having my cylinder head replaced.  First was the lower bolt on the left side cover plate over the shift pedal (tightened that one up myself) and the other was upper right nut on exhaust header - by the time I found it the nut was almost all the way off the stud.  Took the bike back to them to pull the plastic and torque that one up.   
2015 TTSE.  It's blue.

Offline Steven ZS6XU

• Trophy Junior
  • Amateur Radio operator, bike nut
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Johannesburg
« Reply #274 on: October 20, 2020, 12:46:10 pm »
Hi Coconut and all, both our Trophy's are in at Triumph SA for the recall, all done and a few other things like TPMS sensor replacements etc, not too much extra money (USD 967.64) Mine needed some gaskets for the balancer cover, clutch cover and RH crank cover, not bad for both bikes as they are 2014 models with 8K on the Wife's and 16K on mine (mine had minor oil drips)
Excellent service from Triumph SA! Bikes should be back next week. Now if only the unrest can just stop in South Africa and we can do long rides again! Stay safe!
There is always time to ride, you can't when you are dead, so do it, work can always wait a bit. Previous bikes: Yamaha XT500, Honda Shadow ACE, Honda Blackbird FI, Kawasaki VN1700 Classic Custom and now 2 Trophy SE's, His and Hers

Offline baz1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: basingstoke
« Reply #275 on: October 30, 2020, 11:05:10 am »
Took m y 2017 registerd bike in for the check today at Bulldog Triumph. Tech said it is fine, so no mod required.