Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Skene decelerometer placement.  (Read 3121 times)

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
Re: Skene decelerometer placement.
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2021, 04:23:39 pm »
*Originally Posted by Saddle Tramp [+]
I guess I missed that explanation.  :430:

My apologies, digital!

You don't have to apologize.

When I installed this module, I also saw in this same forum that there was someone who mentioned, that in the curves it lit up when lowering the gas of the accelerator without pressing the brake.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2021, 04:32:27 pm »
*Originally Posted by Yaga1973 [+]
I'm planning on using only the LED modules that came with my Skene lights for flashing and whatnot. I would think that would prevent any interference with the cruise control. We shall see.  :002:

I don't know how that system works, I assume it works by a constant positive impulse of +12 volts, so it would simply be to connect it to the brake light.

In the event that you ever need to run negative constant pulses, as might be the case with a common negative, there would be no problem reversing from +12 positive volts to negative -12 volts, with a simple relay it can be done perfectly.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 04:35:59 pm by digital »

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2021, 04:54:44 pm »
After getting vaccinated against Covid-19 today, I don't know if the vaccine will affect my eyesight. LOL.

In the video that iowabikerider has uploaded, he has a motorcycle in front of him that could have had a decelometer system installed and without pressing the brake, the brake light is already flashing and then you can see that he steps on the brake and the brake light stays fixed.

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,11168.msg126245/topicseen.html#new

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2021, 08:59:43 pm »
I have installed a yellow warning LED on the instrument panel, that when I step on the brake, the LED lights up, hence when I had the decelerometer installed, I knew its behavior at all times.

Offline Yaga1973

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 TTSE - Blue
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, TX
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2021, 05:52:26 am »
*Originally Posted by digital [+]
I have installed a yellow warning LED on the instrument panel, that when I step on the brake, the LED lights up, hence when I had the decelerometer installed, I knew its behavior at all times.

That's a neat idea.
Ride safe, ride often!

One of the "New" Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Yaga1973

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 TTSE - Blue
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, TX
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2021, 09:01:13 pm »
In the end I decided to uninstall it, since I frequently use the cruise control on the road and when the cruise control had been engaged for a while, the deaccelerometer would disconnect the cruise control.

The Skene P-3 w/decelerometer unit has their own LED units.  I thought about adding the stock tail light into the mix, but decided against it.  So far, I've got several hundred miles with the Skene unit installed and no issues with my cruise control.  In any case, I ended up installing the Skene control unit under the rear seat, just behind and to the left of the seat latch mechanism.

https://www.skenelights.com/online-store/P3-Lights-with-Decelerometer-p199847654

It didn't quite convince me either, since when I got off the throttle in the corners, I started the decelerator and looked like a rookie driver.

I installed the decelerometer to get people to notice me while engine braking.  I could care less about what they think about me, just as long as they see me!   :001:
Ride safe, ride often!

One of the "New" Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2021, 09:17:45 pm »
The one who does not see us is because the drivers behind us look the other way or are distracted looking at their mobile phone. Because the Trophy can be seen, it is a very big and beautiful bike.

That said, I am more of a fan of putting position and brake lights on the TipCase. because? Well, in my view, the designer or designers of the Trophy, did not pay much attention to the rear lighting of the motorcycle.

Position light, braking and direction indicators, are very hidden and if you stop at a traffic light, stop, etc. the vehicle, bus, truck, etc., they do not see the maneuver that we are going to do