Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Mount for satnav  (Read 19975 times)

Offline gogs01

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2010 BMW R1200RT SE
  • City / Town: Dundee
Mount for satnav
« on: December 05, 2012, 08:47:29 AM »
Anybody fitted a satnav below the screen rather than on the headstock ?  If so, who makes / sells the mount, and is it suitable for TomTom as well asGarmin ?

I prefer not to have to take my eyes so far from the road to figure out where I should be.  And yes, I know there's also audio ............

Offline Mustangpilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT
  • City / Town: DH
Re: Mount for satnav
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 04:49:02 PM »
Triumph has a CNC machined GPS bracket partnumber A9828009.
For fitting instructions see http://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9828009-EN.pdf
2014 Lunar silverTriumph Trophy
2016 Bonneville T120 Black

Offline gogs01

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2010 BMW R1200RT SE
  • City / Town: Dundee
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 04:42:25 AM »
Wow - that looks like a job for a long winter weekend !  I wonder what a dealer would charge to fit it ?

It does look like exactly what I would be looking for, so thank you very much for sharing the information.   :062:

Offline mae

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: JODOIGNE (BE)
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 03:26:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mustangpilot [+]
Triumph has a CNC machined GPS bracket partnumber A9828009.
For fitting instructions see http://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9828009-EN.pdf

Hi,

Did you have a website with all partnumber list for the Trophy ?

Thanks

Offline Mustangpilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT
  • City / Town: DH
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 05:39:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by mae [+]
Hi,

Did you have a website with all partnumber list for the Trophy ?

Thanks

Yep,
This is the link:
http://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/accessories/create-my-triumph
Once on the webpage, push the "launch create my triumph" button. What you get next is http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/configuratorPopup.aspx
This is a listing of all extra's of all current Triumphs. The Trophy stuff is way down. So scroll down and enjoy!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 05:48:13 PM by Mustangpilot »
2014 Lunar silverTriumph Trophy
2016 Bonneville T120 Black

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 04:44:14 PM »
I had the Triumph mount fitted for the Garmin Zumo 660 (I had already) on my standard Trophy (£40). Triumph advertise their mount for the Garmin. The Garmin comes with the base plate and cables for various functions if needed (as a unit). In the Triumph fitting instructions it says to run the cable too the righthand side and connect to the battery, which is accessed by taking off the side panel and connecting to the battery (live is fused). The cable surplus I coiled and stowed to the rear of the battery compartment.

Because the cable from the base plate would naturally come down across the dials I have set it round the outside of the rev counter (cleaned the black plastic with a tiny drop of cleansing agent to assist adhesion and mixed a dot of Loctite of which I put a dot on the cleaned cable sheath, pressed it home, secured with a little masking tape and all's fine.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 07:01:18 PM »
Hi
Correctly fitted the wire should through the centre of the mount and into the fairing. Inside the fairing is a ignition fed wire with a plug ready to be used. The correct plug with a length of wire can be bought from  Triumph Accessories and then spliced into the power lead from your Satnav base mount. This will make a tidier job? Although may take a little while to strip the fairing to gain access.
Taking the power directly from the battery would mean that the Satnav mount would be live all the time? Even with the ignition turned off NOT A GOOD IDEA!! Also any wiring exposed no mater how tidy entices people to mess when your no there  :233:

Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 01:54:48 PM »
Has anyone mounted the nav mount on the SE yet , mine is on order c/wthe additional harness for the SE model ... Hoping to do this myself  as I feel it will be a first for my Triumph dealer as well and at his labour rate of $ 90 /hr ... Plus it will familiarize me with the bike ready to install the R&G bars when they arrive .
We are in the middle of a blizzard here 12 in. Of snow in the last 24 hrs !
Bring on spring ...!
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!