* Recent New Topics

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Goodies for the the bike  (Read 9358 times)

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
Re: Goodies for the the bike
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 01:38:34 pm »
I read here quite a while back , think it was Nido who posted it , park a piece of say 3/4" ply on the floor  ride over it stoping with rear tire upon it , this raises ass end of bike and makes it much easier for using centre stand ... :821:
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Offline Jccjr50

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Dripping springs
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 03:14:20 pm »
Put rubber floor mat under center stand and found that made it easier to move bike on and off the center stand.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013, 04:25:14 am »
Well I had to repair a flat.  The combination of a completely flat rear tire and the heavy bike required me to get my son's help.  Now that the tire is fixed I'll try it alone when I change the oil. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline atuti

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Washington DC
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013, 10:30:17 am »
Excuse me if I give my different point of view to this topic.

I do not have any problem at all using the central stand. I just stand up on the left leg of the central stand and pull up a little bit... And it works... 

Could it be a matter of driver┤s weight. I am 85 kg....

V,sssss

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2013, 11:44:10 am »
*Originally Posted by atuti [+]
Excuse me if I give my different point of view to this topic.

I do not have any problem at all using the central stand. I just stand up on the left leg of the central stand and pull up a little bit... And it works... 

Could it be a matter of driver┤s weight. I am 85 kg....

V,sssss

Same here. I take it off the side stand and make sure both legs of the centre stand are on the ground. Next I stand with my foot on the centre stand peg and place all my weight on it. The bike rises and rests on the stand. To take it of fthe stand I make sure the side stand is down, push and tilt the bike onto the side stand. Long winded but I hope this makes sense.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2013, 04:12:31 pm »
*Originally Posted by Berber [+]
Same here. I take it off the side stand and make sure both legs of the centre stand are on the ground. Next I stand with my foot on the centre stand peg and place all my weight on it. The bike rises and rests on the stand. To take it of fthe stand I make sure the side stand is down, push and tilt the bike onto the side stand. Long winded but I hope this makes sense.

Top tip when taking it off the centre stand onto the side stand have it in gear  :087: It cant run away with you and fold the side stand under and potentially dropping over onto you  :005: :005:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Tonto

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 12:43:08 pm »
Hi everyone

My new SE is currently being prepared for delivery, can't wait to pick it up, however, I was at the dealer today and had a go at putting the demo (test ride) bike on the center stand (with panniers on, half tank of fuel, water, oil) .  I am 5' 7", average build and a little overweight.  I had no problem getting the bike up on the centre stand.  Rembering that the thing weighs 300kg, you ain't gonna lift it 'up'.  The trick is to ensure that both feet of the centre stand are toughing the ground, holding the handle bar with left hand, grab rail with right hand, pushing right foot down hard on the centre stand foot tab, and at the same time, lift the thing BACK, not up.  Got it up first time, no prob.  Hope this helps. :152:
Always ride in control.

Offline Wscad

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Yorkshire
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 11:41:39 pm »
And with Tonto's input, we have a winner.
Cos that's how you put a TT on the centre stand.
End of thread.

Cheers for now.

Wscad