Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: MF aux fuel cell with custom quick-release Pelican roller case  (Read 220 times)

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
MF aux fuel cell with custom quick-release Pelican roller case
« on: October 21, 2019, 10:31:14 PM »
Hi all! I have a complete aux tank setup, which includes custom quick-release Pelican case roller box as a trunk. I don't know the precise capacity, but I do know that it was constructed specifically to meet IBR fuel cell rules. This cell was run in multiple IBRs and lots of other rallies too. Apart from looking a bit used, it is in excellent condition in every way. It also includes a nifty PVC tube storage unit. I used that to carry spare ear plugs, a first aid kit, rubber gloves to use as liners, tools, and electrical spares.

The Pelican case is divided by a sheet metal hinged and latched divider that is very handy especially if you're rallying. I used this as a drop-down writing shelf, and kept all of my rally papers and other supplies in there, leaving the bottom for general storage. If you look at the picture that shows the silver external handle thingy, that's the quick release latch. Pull that straight up, and the trunk slides off easy peasy. And, when attached it is very solidly on there; no wiggling or play at all.

Also, in case it's not evident, the leading surface is nice and flat, making for an excellent back rest. As you can see, I was strapping a Purple pad to it, and when my butt would need a change of padding I'd just reach behind and pull it out, and sit on it.

The original owner gave me a ridiculous deal on this setup, and I will pass that on to the buyer. New this complete setup would be over $1200. I'll sell it for $500, and I'll help you install it when you ride here to pick it up :) I figure if you're someone who can use such a thing, then riding to Middle TN won't be a big deal. I can't even begin to imagine how I could ship this stuff with any degree of economy, so I'm _really_ hoping that this will be the case (the pick-up/install scenario).

Thanks for reading!

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
Re: MF aux fuel cell with custom quick-release Pelican roller case
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 01:30:04 AM »
dietDrThunder. That would suit me down to the ground for my longer rides. My only problem is the ride to your place. I'll just have to work on that problem a bit more.  :164: :164: Great set up at a realistic price.  :821: :158:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 02:49:20 AM »
Ill ship it if you really want me to...let me know.

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 10:58:37 PM »
dietDrThunder. Thanks for the offer but my plan at the moment is to not fit an auxiliary tank. We don't have rallies here in Australia requiring one. The only chance would be on a 50CC or 100CC [across Australia or across and back] similar to your USA rides. Also I'm pretty sure the  manager of entertainment and finances might veto the idea. She loses her sense of humour when it comes to spending more money on my, as she states, already extravagant lifestyle. Thanks for the offer. Cheers.  :821: :158:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060