Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Swapped my Trophy  (Read 7327 times)

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Swapped my Trophy
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2019, 12:59:46 AM »
I've already been informed that the Trophy is my last motorcycle!  :161:  It's been a great ride no matter what.  Ran into a friend at one of the local cycle shops today that I used to ride with.  He has a Hayabusa and a GXSR 750 (in total race mode), and only rides on the track now.  I used to follow him around on his Hayabusa on the back roads in the Hill Country sometimes when he rode on the street on my R1200RT, and was amazed how easily the front wheel got up in the clouds when he nailed it.  I have a screen shot he sent me of his speedometer from his GoPro on the Gixxer at 186 miles an hour and 500 RPM off redline at Circuit of the Americas.  Crazy!
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline RedMerle

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy & Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: St Cleer, Cornwall
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2019, 11:00:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by City Of Trees [+]
...If I had come to this forum first, I wouldn't have bought the bike...

Something that the Trophy seems to share in common with forums for every make and model of motorcycle or car that Iíve ever owned! If Iíd listened to the tales on all of them first, Iíd never have bought any of them 🙄

For instance, here are 71 pages on a shaft drive recall:

https://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/topic,4378.0.html

« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 11:02:50 PM by RedMerle »
After 7 years of riding the Tiger 1200 (the Trophy's disreputable hooligan little brother!), itís  just been joined by a blue Trophy too!
(Final colour TBA 😁)

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2019, 11:09:00 PM »
trophied, isn't it strange how "other people" know what's good for us. I was a "single" man till 2001 when I met my wife. I'm continually amazed how, from that date she knew what was good for me and what wasn't. But the most important two words I learnt very soon after meeting her were, "YES DEAR", followed by, very quietly by, "when I get around to it". I've only had a few smacks to the back of the head in times when I forgot how good her hearing is. I'm sure you know what I mean.  :164: :164: :821: :158:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline nb101

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Houston, Texas
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2019, 11:51:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by HACKLE [+]
trophied, isn't it strange how "other people" know what's good for us. I was a "single" man till 2001 when I met my wife. I'm continually amazed how, from that date she knew what was good for me and what wasn't. But the most important two words I learnt very soon after meeting her were, "YES DEAR", followed by, very quietly by, "when I get around to it". I've only had a few smacks to the back of the head in times when I forgot how good her hearing is. I'm sure you know what I mean.  :164: :164: :821: :158:

:745:

Offline RedMerle

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2019, 03:27:03 AM »
Thatís brilliant!  :008:
After 7 years of riding the Tiger 1200 (the Trophy's disreputable hooligan little brother!), itís  just been joined by a blue Trophy too!
(Final colour TBA 😁)

Offline Prestaged

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Riverview, Florida
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2020, 05:18:28 PM »
I must be a little slow because I came on this forum long before I purchased a Trophy, read about all the catastrophic failures that were occurring and all the bad things that were happening in the lives of Trophy owners, and I still went and bought one anyway. Idiot!! I am enjoying it a lot and waiting for something bad to happen.

Offline RedMerle

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2020, 07:03:04 PM »
It doesnít matter what the bike or car is, all forums tend to give that impression! If you took the Land Rover ones that I visit seriously, Iíd not expect to get to the end of my drive, yet it propels me 35,000 miles a year, every year, with no bother  :028:

Likewise, Iíve had only Triumphs since 1995 and I struggle to think of more than one unexpected ignition switch failure in 1997.

Relax and enjoy your new bike  :028:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 07:04:54 PM by RedMerle »
(Final colour TBA 😁)

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2020, 10:55:31 PM »
I have been somewhat disappointed to read this post.

I'm sorry it was like that. (If I had read all this before in the forum I would not have bought a Trophy).

Any motorcycle has its problems, all brands have their own, do not fit any doubt.

This is a great motorcycle, I would say one of the best of this style and it gives 40 laps to the BMW RT 1200.

It is a motorcycle that responds to everything, it has many medium and high bass, not just any motorcycle behaves like this.

Many problems caused we blame the manufacturer, in this case Triumph, I guess it's the easiest, do you really think this is so?

The Trophy is a great motorcycle, yes, but it needs to be pampered and taken care of with love. They have many sensors to which many mechanics hands are unaware of their operation and these mechanics have no idea how to repair that fault, to repair it they touch many things on the motorcycle that they should not touch, but unfortunately they touch them, in the end they solve the fault, but That motorcycle has been sequels of everything they touched. Really with the passage of time failures will occur, this is so and real as life itself. But of course, it is better that the culprit of everything is the manufacturer himself, the same mechanic will blame the manufacturer and the customer as he trusts his mechanic, he will go around saying that his motorcycle is very problematic and that if he gets to know I would not have bought this motorcycle.

I know three cases in which they broke one or two valves because they said that the Trophy cylinder head was defective. But gentlemen, what a coincidence that these three cases that I know happened to them after taking their motorcycle out of the workshop when it was their turn to adjust the valves.

We all know and how many times we have read here, that the motorcycle has been taken out of the workshop and you are missing screws or screws that have not been matched.

If screws are left to put, namely what else they have done wrong!

I changed the cylinder head with 90,000 km and I never had any problem, I changed it because of the excessive noise it made, but the bike was like the first day I bought it.

Everyone I know who owns Trophy is very happy with it, yes, they have had a problem, but as I said at the beginning, all motorcycles have their problems.

I currently have facts 161,000 km Trophy SE 2012

regards
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

tweedy-bunch