Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Swapped my Trophy  (Read 4140 times)

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Swapped my Trophy
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2019, 12:59:46 AM »
I've already been informed that the Trophy is my last motorcycle!  :161:  It's been a great ride no matter what.  Ran into a friend at one of the local cycle shops today that I used to ride with.  He has a Hayabusa and a GXSR 750 (in total race mode), and only rides on the track now.  I used to follow him around on his Hayabusa on the back roads in the Hill Country sometimes when he rode on the street on my R1200RT, and was amazed how easily the front wheel got up in the clouds when he nailed it.  I have a screen shot he sent me of his speedometer from his GoPro on the Gixxer at 186 miles an hour and 500 RPM off redline at Circuit of the Americas.  Crazy!
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Online RedMerle

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: St Cleer, Cornwall
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2019, 11:00:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by City Of Trees [+]
...If I had come to this forum first, I wouldn't have bought the bike...

Something that the Trophy seems to share in common with forums for every make and model of motorcycle or car that I’ve ever owned! If I’d listened to the tales on all of them first, I’d never have bought any of them 🙄

For instance, here are 71 pages on a shaft drive recall:

https://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/topic,4378.0.html

« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 11:02:50 PM by RedMerle »
Tiger 1200:
Riding the Trophy's disreputable hooligan little brother! ;)

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2019, 11:09:00 PM »
trophied, isn't it strange how "other people" know what's good for us. I was a "single" man till 2001 when I met my wife. I'm continually amazed how, from that date she knew what was good for me and what wasn't. But the most important two words I learnt very soon after meeting her were, "YES DEAR", followed by, very quietly by, "when I get around to it". I've only had a few smacks to the back of the head in times when I forgot how good her hearing is. I'm sure you know what I mean.  :164: :164: :821: :158:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline nb101

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Houston, Texas
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2019, 11:51:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by HACKLE [+]
trophied, isn't it strange how "other people" know what's good for us. I was a "single" man till 2001 when I met my wife. I'm continually amazed how, from that date she knew what was good for me and what wasn't. But the most important two words I learnt very soon after meeting her were, "YES DEAR", followed by, very quietly by, "when I get around to it". I've only had a few smacks to the back of the head in times when I forgot how good her hearing is. I'm sure you know what I mean.  :164: :164: :821: :158:

:745:

Online RedMerle

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: St Cleer, Cornwall
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2019, 03:27:03 AM »
That’s brilliant!  :008:
Tiger 1200:
Riding the Trophy's disreputable hooligan little brother! ;)