Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Heated seat #A9708350 Comes with Harness, Switch, and Cable Clips?  (Read 265 times)

Offline Winston

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ontario
I ordered a regular sized driver seat #A9708350 from a western Canada dealer.  It showed up, I opened the box, and found a seat.  No sub-harness, no switch, no cable clips, no instructions.  I contact the dealer and he tells me that all of the things needed to hook up the seat have to be ordered separately.  That seems weird.  And the photograph of #A9708350 on the dealerís website shows a picture of the seat with the switch next to it. 

Meanwhile, I had sourced out the same seat at an eastern Canada dealer that I didnít buy that was $10 more expensive.  I got a hold of that dealer today.  He opened his box and says the sub-harness, switch, and cable clips are included in the box.   :187:  Am I getting ripped off? 
2005 BMW R1200RT (sold)
2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic (sold)
2003 Suzuki Volusia 800 (sold)

Offline ChiefMn

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St. Paul
Re: Heated seat #A9708350 Comes with Harness, Switch, and Cable Clips?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 10:03:50 PM »
Mine came with all the goodies

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Heated seat #A9708350 Comes with Harness, Switch, and Cable Clips?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 08:01:29 AM »
ON the ( UK ) World of Triumph Web Site, A9708350 is shown as being just the Heated Seat,
and the 4 rubber mounts.  Link : World of Triumph A9708350

T2505160 - Wiring Sub Harness,
T2505150 - Heated Seat Switch, and
T2504511 - S Clip

... are all shown as separate items, so it looks like the Dealer you purchased from is correct,
other than if they were advertising it with a Photo of the Switch and Wiring then it would be
reasonable for you to expect to receive those items at the price advertised.

Maybe they will negotiate with you over that, or if not perhaps you could return it
and buy the complete kit from the other dealer ? ( Who may be mistakenly selling
the complete kit at the price for just the Seat and rubber mounts ).

Cheers

Smiles are infectious,and they are FREE,
so if you see someone without one, give them one of yours :-)