Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Using liquid latex in tyres and TPMS  (Read 553 times)

Offline Ebenezer

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 TT Lunar Silver
  • City / Town: Apeldoorn
Re: Using liquid latex in tyres and TPMS
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2019, 07:37:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by Novocastrian [+]
Henk, this won't bother me...I just need to learn how to avoid the cameras  :015:

Ken,

You should be happy that it wasn't because of a red traffic light. I paid some €230,- last year ;-(

Henk

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2019, 05:14:07 AM »
Fingers, in addition to what Coconut said re tightening the valve cores or better still replacing them, while your at it, if your Trophy has plastic valve caps fitted, remove them and place in the rubbish and fit metal valve caps that come with a sealing rubber ring fitted. My rear metal valve cap is the sort that has a valve core removing fixture in the top of it, whilst the front metal one doesn't. I can assure you these metal ones are the only sort worth running. I even have them fitted to my two sets of wheels for my four wheel drive Toyota. One on road set, one off road mud tyre set. The plastic should really be called dust caps. Cheers.  :821: :158:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2019, 01:58:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by HACKLE [+]
Fingers, in addition to what Coconut said re tightening the valve cores or better still replacing them, while your at it, if your Trophy has plastic valve caps fitted, remove them and place in the rubbish and fit metal valve caps that come with a sealing rubber ring fitted. My rear metal valve cap is the sort that has a valve core removing fixture in the top of it, whilst the front metal one doesn't. I can assure you these metal ones are the only sort worth running. I even have them fitted to my two sets of wheels for my four wheel drive Toyota. One on road set, one off road mud tyre set. The plastic should really be called dust caps. Cheers.  :821: :158:

They're great until they corrode on to the stems and can only be removed by destroying the valve stem!  I speak as a winter biker who's been there..... There's nothing wrong with dust caps if your valve seals as it should.
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB