Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: J & M handle bar mounted C. B. Radio for the Trophy TT  (Read 286 times)

Offline Cross-Country

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Cathedral City, City
J & M handle bar mounted C. B. Radio for the Trophy TT
« on: November 22, 2019, 06:38:30 AM »
       Would like to add a C. B. Unit to my 2016 Trophy TT SE. J&M Audio products did produce a handle bar unit that worked very well, however they have stopped production of the kit for a Trophy. Have been wondering if any one has one of these units mounted on their Trophy and how did the installation process go and how well did it work. I have found a new kit still in the original box and like to mount it on my Trophy. Any feed back would be appreciated.     :152:     Cross Country

Offline mggrip

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE 2016
  • City / Town: Fishkill, NY
Re: J & M handle bar mounted C. B. Radio for the Trophy TT
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 01:55:30 PM »
I had one of them on my wife's cruiser and on my V strom they were very good units. Mounted them on the mirror stem. you my have to make a bracket but it should work fine.

https://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JCB03-HBK04
Ride On

Offline Cross-Country

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Cathedral City, City
Re: J & M handle bar mounted C. B. Radio for the Trophy TT
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 03:44:30 AM »
                 :002:      Thank you for your feed back, yes I will have to make a bracket to mount the unit on the left handle bar, as J&M is not making brackets for the Trophy at this time. They are still producing the trunk mounted antenna. I will also have to hard wire the the unit to the power supply and ground it to the frame. All the wiring comes with the unit from J&M. Also I currently have a Cardo Bluetooth system installed in my helmet and have been told by J&M that their unit will tie into the Cardo  Freedom 1 headset.  So it looks like this a do able thing. Would like to have every thing up and running soon         :046:    Cross Country

tweedy-bunch