Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: What trips/ tours do you have planned for 2020.  (Read 560 times)

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
Re: What trips/ tours do you have planned for 2020.
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2019, 10:35:17 PM »
jrr, oh bugger. But if you have to I suppose you'll cope.  :745: :745:  :821::158:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline gingerchef

• Trophy Junior
  • Arte Et Marte
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 1200
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 06:58:07 PM »
I was based in Soest for three years.
Often spent time down the Mohne on a weekend fishing.
Went back last year and took a trip down the Mohne on the Trophy.
Little cafe on the other side of the road across from the main car park where the locals on bikes were stopping.
Free toilets as well, there was some old geezer charging you to get in on the dam.
If you can get into Soest town square it's beautiful and there are some really old bars down there. Proper German.
Don't forget to try a currywurst.

I was hoping to go back to Belgium and do the Menin gate again then go down to Normandy beaches.
There is a tank that was put down there to commemerate the 50th anniversary would love to find it.
Pulled it out of a farmers field in Hampshire somewhere and recovered it to Aldershot REME Base WKSPS where they restored it.
I had the privelege of taking it over for the celebrations but never got to see it's final placement.

But my Trophy is now VOR for a while  :233:
Have fun  :001:

Ginge

Offline sprint1050

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1215 SE 2015
  • City / Town: Phoenix
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2019, 11:44:32 PM »
Planning a trip to Illinois USA to see family then to South Dakota USA. Plus many day trips around Arizona.  :002:

Offline baz1

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: basingstoke
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2019, 06:42:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by gingerchef [+]
I was based in Soest for three years.
Often spent time down the Mohne on a weekend fishing.
Went back last year and took a trip down the Mohne on the Trophy.
Little cafe on the other side of the road across from the main car park where the locals on bikes were stopping.
Free toilets as well, there was some old geezer charging you to get in on the dam.
If you can get into Soest town square it's beautiful and there are some really old bars down there. Proper German.
Don't forget to try a currywurst.

I was hoping to go back to Belgium and do the Menin gate again then go down to Normandy beaches.
There is a tank that was put down there to commemerate the 50th anniversary would love to find it.
Pulled it out of a farmers field in Hampshire somewhere and recovered it to Aldershot REME Base WKSPS where they restored it.
I had the privelege of taking it over for the celebrations but never got to see it's final placement.

But my Trophy is now VOR for a while  :233:
Have fun  :001:

Ginge

I learned to windsurf on the Mohnesee and used to go regularly when I was in Paderborn. Think we are stopping in Werl that night.