Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Cleaning.  (Read 5375 times)

Offline Paulvt1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR 1200
  • City / Town: Wolverhampton
Cleaning.
« on: August 09, 2013, 06:51:13 PM »
As an ex rider of many Adv type bikes, i have had a revelation with the Trophy. Normally it would take me a few hours to do a thorough clean on my bike. Different little brushes for all the nooks and crannies. A variety of products for the chain and crap covered rear wheel and shock linkages (blegh!) and i would always come away and find something that would annoy me and i'd have to go back to later.
The Trophy - well, those large surfaces are simplicity itself. The rear shock area is easy to get to. The shaft drive - bliss. The bike is easier than my car to clean. As someone who takes pride in his kit the Trophy is a welcome addition.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Cleaning.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 06:52:28 PM »
There is something really satisfying about giving the bike a good deep clean......

Then taking it out and getting it caked in dead flies again!!!!  :156: :156:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 07:38:40 PM »
Cleaning the bike cleanses the soul. Polishing and checking and adjusting to get things just has you want them is the next best thing to riding.
Just finished cleaning and adjusting the lever position  on the new ride it make it my baby.  :150: :150:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline crazyman

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Crystal Beach, FL
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 08:36:25 PM »
I used to obsess about having a clean bike, especially with chromed out cruisers.  Then I got an adventure type bike.  I never cleaned it.  Now, with the Trophy, I'm feeling compelled to clean her up after a ride.  I looked this morning and she's filthy from all the rain and road grime.   Gotta go clean....

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 08:08:48 AM »
To be frank I no  longer like  cleaning my bikes.  I'd rather be riding than washing.  when I  was young I was obsessive compulsive about cleaning my bikes and cars.  You could have eaten off the engines.  But now I clean the bikes about 2-3 times a year or when they are really filthy, whichever comes first.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 05:14:14 PM by w8d4it »
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline miss

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: madrid
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 02:24:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
To be frank I no  longer like  cleaning my bikes.  I'd rather be riding than washing.  when I  was young I was obsessive compulsive about cleaning my bikes and cars.  You could have eaten of the engines.  But now I clean the bikes about 2-3 times a year or when they are really filthy, whichever comes first.

ja ja as maintenance reviews

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 05:10:57 PM »
I clean it after a ride. just easier to get the crud and flys off. then a quick check round for any thing that has come loose ect. knowing it is then readty for the next ride.

:152:

seadog
seadog

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 05:16:16 PM »
Don't take my reluctance to clean as a failure to maintain.  I do a thorough check every time before I start a ride.  Bike is too darn hot and usually Texas weather is too darn hot to do it right after a ride.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

tweedy-bunch