Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sniffing the breeze  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Midnight Rambler

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 06 Tiger 955i
  • City / Town: Southampton
Sniffing the breeze
« on: December 13, 2012, 05:05:41 PM »
Hi all
I have been pondering the replacement of my much loved 06 Tiger, and the Trophy seems to fit the bill although I am still wondering about the Explorer.
The Ballast is very keen on the comfort of the Trophy although she still thinks a K1600 GTL LE complete with armrests would be the best!
So here I am.
Obviously test rides are in order and I won't be buying till the spring so I will be keeping an eye on things here to hear what you good folks have to say.
Stay between the hedges.

Offline gogs01

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2010 BMW R1200RT SE
  • City / Town: Dundee
Re: Sniffing the breeze
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 03:48:18 AM »
Hi and welcome.

My brother bought a K1600GT SE, trading in a R1200RT SE.  He then had a test ride on the new Trophy - he felt it was a little "dated" and rough !

So if you're considering the Trophy and the K1600, ride the Trophy first !

I suspect a pillion will be happy on either (assuming both have a topbox, heated seat etc)

Offline Midnight Rambler

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 06 Tiger 955i
  • City / Town: Southampton
Re: Sniffing the breeze
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 09:04:28 AM »
To be fair to my long suffering wife she has done most of her riding on the back of my old Velocette Venom, after that most things are pretty comfy!
She did have some pretty hard words for the pillion of my sons SV650 but that might just have been the riding style. That's my boy!