Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Are we ahead of the curve?  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Paulvt1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR 1200
  • City / Town: Wolverhampton
Are we ahead of the curve?
« on: August 09, 2013, 07:36:57 PM »
The last few years have seen the rise of the do it all super trailie as the bike of choice for those of us who like to put some miles under our belts. However - the first thing most owners do is start spending a fortune on screens and luggage. If i am bothered by weather or buffeting i move my left thumb a few inches across and press the screen button. Sorted.
The standard luggage carries most of the stuff i want, when i want it. I can take it off and bike looks great.
Given that the big tourer market seemed to be floundering a few years ago due in no small part to lack of new product then Triumph's launch of the Trophy was bloody brave.
Hopefully 2014 will see a new LC RT - as an ex RT owner i'm excited to throw a leg over one.
Maybe - and this is a maybe - Honda will finally bring a replacement for the Pan to the market.
Will the possibility of new kit usher in a new age of full faired travel - or are we just going against the flow of Touratech devotees?

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
Re: Are we ahead of the curve?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 07:56:16 PM »
I think there is now more enfaces on the touring part than the sport in a so called sports tourer. When mile munching the comfort is paramount the ability to stay in the saddle for extended periods of time is a must.
Dont get me wrong its a very nimble ride for the size and the acceleration is stunning even when fully freighted BUT Its no sports bike.
Reading this forum most of Trophy riders are a lot closer to 50+ and older in some cases  :087: :087:  than 20 so a slightly more sedate ride is better in the long run. But it still has the ability to put a grin on my face every time I ride it and long may it last.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.