Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Tail Bag  (Read 559 times)

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
Tail Bag
« on: November 23, 2019, 04:00:03 PM »
What solution do you have for a Tail Bag, one to go on the top box mounting position?

My Touratech Ambato zip broke today.  I like this bag and as I have the same style seat bag and tank bag guess I should just replace it with the same but thought it prudent to ask.
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Phantom Black
  • City / Town: Fayetteville, GA
Re: Tail Bag
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 10:33:17 PM »
Though I don't have or want a top box, I purchased the Bagster Spider tailbag because I like the lines of it and felt it went well with the lines of the Trophy.  It's expandable, I believe, to 20 litres. It seems well made and comes with a water proof cover.
About to purchase an Ogio Mach 5 backpack and believe between it, the tail and tank bag and panniers, will have plenty of room for storage. :152:

Link : Bagster Spider Tail Bag

24/11/19 Edited to tidy Link
Trophy Moderator
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 12:10:38 PM by Trophy Moderator »

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 09:37:29 AM »
When I owned true sports bike etc, even the thought of fitting   a top box were too much but since owning a Wing/touring bikes, I dunno why you wouldn't want one now??

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 03:50:39 PM »
A Mad Water 30L Gray submersible (to 15 ft) zip top waterproof duffel is on sale right now at $109, and their Roll Top waterproof 30L backpack is also on sale at less than $40.  I have both and they save a lot of weight over the top box and hold a lot of travel gear.  With the two of them combined on most short duration trips I wouldn't even need the side cases, saving even more weight.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

tweedy-bunch