Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Shark Evo One 2 and Sena Bluetooth  (Read 3432 times)

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Phantom Black
  • City / Town: Fayetteville, GA
Shark Evo One 2 and Sena Bluetooth
« on: December 22, 2019, 10:54:10 PM »
Looking to purchase a second helmet, early in the new year, and really like the Shark Evo One 2 helmets. Have a Shoei Neotec 2 with Sena bluetooth (only way you know it's there is the mic) and really like the helmet and setup !
Looking to purchase a second helmet as backup and passenger helmet and seriously considering the Shark...problem is Shark helmets bluetooth system, called Sharktooth, does not play with other bluetooth manufacturers systems....AT ALL :187:
Wanted to know if anyone is using this setup, "Shark Evo One 2 and Sena bluetooth unit", and if so, does it work well and how do you like it?
Know a lot folks like Cardo but, since my Shoei is using Sena, would like the same in the new helmet. Ordering the new helmet from a company out of country (would mention name but not sure about forum rules. Saved me over $300 bucks for my Shoei/Sena setup vs. buying in the US) and want to know what I'm getting into before purchasing.
Thanks in advance!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 10:56:15 PM by Canes1 »

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Shark Evo One 2 and Sena Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 11:10:07 PM »
Buy one without a Bluetooth system and put a 20S Evo, or your Sena preference, on it.  The Sena should pair with any brand in "universal pairing" mode.  You should be able to find a review on the Shark on webbikeworld.  Love my new Neotec 2, and got it at a local dealer's Christmas one day sale that had all in stock helmets at 40% off.  Fortunately they had a white one in the right size.  Also got some Touratech Synergy 7.4V gloves on the same deal, and my heated liners fit in them too, so if it's really cold I'll wire up, and if it's not so much, the batteries and grips can handle it for a few hours.  Yeah, I'm a Texas cold weather wimp! :745:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Trophy Moderator

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 06:26:45 AM »
Ordering the new helmet from a company out of country (would mention name but not sure about forum rules......

Forum Rules :

1.29 : "Members may post reviews of products or services that they have purchased
or used as a normal consumer."

Also see Rules 1.30 and 1.31.

Provided you have no commercial interest in the Company or a product
you are quite welcome to name the Company and share your personal experience of them.

Trophy Moderator

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Phantom Black
  • City / Town: Fayetteville, GA
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 07:52:16 AM »
Really happy with my Neotec helmet also but need a second and wanted something different.
Bought my Shoei from Champion Helmets, located in the Netherlands. Not only did they sell the same Helmets available from US stores but had different colors.
Took awhile to receive the helmet but with free shipping, a little over $200 saved on helmet, $100 saved on Sena unit, compared to if purchased from a US vendor, was well worth the wait! :028:

Anyone sporting a Shark Evo One II, that could post their likes, dislikes?

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 10:39:14 PM »
The Shoei Neotek II is the best helmet by far I have owned. Mind you, the price reflects this I think.  I use Interphone helmet comms which works well in conjunction with the Trophy audio system.
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

tweedy-bunch