Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Calling All "Twisted Trophy" members and even others  (Read 1666 times)

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Calling All "Twisted Trophy" members and even others
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 10:51:23 PM »
OK everyone, follow this link to find out the schedule and locations for the Best of British Tour:

www.triumphontour.com

I just got an update asking me to share the event with family and friends, so there you go!
Let 'em see those Trophies!!! :028:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Dallas TX
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 12:41:08 AM »
I’m going this Friday and I’m going to wear are my Twisted Trophy southern rock tour shirt.
I know that here in the U.S. we got only the SE model maybe we can get a Texas Model after all we have more Trophies here.
That way I can have a mounting place for my 30/30.
IBA # 59602
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophy's

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 02:36:24 PM »
There you go!

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2020, 04:01:12 PM »
Went to the Best of British Tour and got a look at the new models including the Tiger 900 in GT and Rally Pro trim.  Rally Pro is really tall and I could just barely tip toe on it, although I don't know what the electronic suspension was set on.  Neither are a Trophy by any means as far as equipment goes, but we already knew that.  The photographer that was taking pictures at the event for Triumph got a couple of front and back pictures of my "Twisted Trophies" shirt.  I got to meet the new owner of event sponsor CTX in San Antonio, and was told by one of the Triumph guys that they have a good service department with a good mechanic that could service the Trophy.  They would be a lot closer for me for the 20K service interval than Austin, and not nearly the traffic issues.  Supposedly it's a much better dealer now than it was before the buyout, and I hope so, because a friend had a nightmare of a time getting his T120 repaired there after he got rear ended last year.  There were a LOT of non Triumph people there to see all the new bikes, mainly because they generally cater to the cruiser market.  Even of all  the Triumph owners that I met that were there only a couple of them knew what a Trophy 1200 SE is.  Clear evidence of the great job Triumph did marketing it.  One of the Triumph guys that was there tried to tell me the Gold Wing was what killed the Trophy, uh, NO.  Triumph's marketing guys killed it.  Not the Euro standard for sure, since the old Explorer and the new Tiger series have the same engine as the Trophy and it was updated for them and a direct install for a new Trophy, but they wouldn't do it.  Oh well, all of us that are so inclined or budget limited, may at least get the benefit of being able to buy used fairly low mileage Trophy's for some time to come at very reasonable prices.  All in all not a BAD evening because they did have a large turnout.

Offline Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Master
  • Have Trophy, Will Travel
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE - Black
  • City / Town: N. WI / S. AZ
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2020, 07:25:25 PM »
I have got to be honest. Other than the Trophy, there aren't any other Triumphs that interest me.  :431:
Probationary Twisted Trophies Member (Non-Texan)

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2020, 09:11:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Saddle Tramp [+]
I have got to be honest. Other than the Trophy, there aren't any other Triumphs that interest me.  :431:

:047: :047: :047:
I think the same...
 :008: :008: :008:
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Dallas TX
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2020, 02:22:44 PM »
I had a Tiger 1050 before my Trophy and liked it.
The Tiger was the reason I stayed with Triumph.
I would buy another 1050 but like my other favorite my Trophy it is no longer made.☹️
IBA # 59602
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophy's

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2020, 01:44:54 AM »
Like almost all the mfr's, it's road rocket sport bike, adventure bike, naked, or cruiser.  The exceptions to the rule:  K1600GT (L, E), R1250RT, Concours, FJR1300ES, and that's it.  Only 2 of the 4 have all the equipment package the Trophy does, so that puts it ahead of 50% of it's competition.  Oh, yeah, but it's the only one that's no longer made. :161: