Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Motor bike turntable  (Read 938 times)

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
Re: Motor bike turntable
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 10:58:40 AM »
It is a good job and the platform is excellent.

I have seen that of an Asturian friend who is similar. But very small. place the motorcycle on the platform, only with the center stand. On the turntable, only the center stand fits, but it is enough to turn the motorcycle in the garage, since it has very little space in your garage.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline kieron

• Trophy Member
  • kieron
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Staffs
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2020, 11:11:57 AM »
Hi Digital.
 Thanks for commenting. I have seen the small discs and to a degree they do the job. I bought one from the UK 12 months ago for my Honda Goldwing on ebay for about £80 from what I can recall.
 Regardless of the turntable diameter or disc you have to physically have room for any bike to turn on its footprint. If there is not enough room for that then any turning device will not be of any use.

Coconut.
 If you are following this then thanks for your advice on the Cruise Control. I tried it out yesterday and it works fine. My wife came out for a spin yesterday as it was mild enough for an hour or two. My bike has the heated passenger seat but it did not seem to engage, any advice there?

kieron

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2020, 11:14:34 AM »
kieron :

Sending you a PM rather than going Off Topic about Heated Seats here  :028:

Smiles are infectious,and they are FREE,
so if you see someone without one, give them one of yours :-)

Offline kieron

• Trophy Member
  • kieron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 02:27:03 PM »
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0AjjKId0mU0QJytddvxsiYH9A

I know its not our bike but I had my first visit yesterday to check out the turntable and he bought it on the spot.
 There is a small retaining block on the leg opposite the 'stand up feet' to support it whilst it is being picked up. His real wheel came up against it and he had to move his bike forward a bit. We took of the block and found that it was really not needed.
 Thanks to admin for allowing me to share this with you all.

K.
kieron

Offline kieron

• Trophy Member
  • kieron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2020, 08:07:55 PM »
Just in case anyone is interested I delivered the first turntable to its new home near Nottingham to the chap with the Indian Motorcycle. He had it on their owners web site within the hour and its been buzzing since.
 MCN are having one from Wednesday as an evaluation with the view to getting it reviewed in MCN as soon as we can.
kieron