Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Hi from New member from Geelong Australia  (Read 225 times)

Offline Pooksta

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Geelong, Victoria
Hi from New member from Geelong Australia
« on: January 14, 2020, 12:25:07 AM »
G'day guys,

Just a quick intro. Just collected my 2013 SE literally 3 hrs ago from my dealer and already love this bike. Previously owned a 2001 Trophy 1200 and loved it, however, after 18 yrs and 150,000 klms, decided to let someone else enjoy her. Loads of life left in that one. She was an awesome bike and gave me minimal problems. Moved on to a 2009 BMW R1200 RT and loved it, and still do, but I recently clocked up 138,000 klms and thought I should get something newer. Always being a Triumph fan (I've owned a few over the years) I decided to look at the SE. Just missed out on a pristine 2016 model with only 4000 klm on the clock but continued to look. Found the 2013 SE and had to check it out. Rode it, loved it, bought it. (after making sure all the issues re overheating and electrical had been checked) So, as a new member to the forum I just wanted to say Hi and provide the intro and occasionally add to the forum.

Ride safe guys,

Lee (Pooksta)

Offline digital

• Trophy Pro
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
Re: Hi from New member from Geelong Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 06:53:13 AM »
 :400:
I am sorry what is happening with the fires.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 07:44:21 AM »
G'Day Pooksta and :400: to the Club !

Smiles are infectious,and they are FREE,
so if you see someone without one, give them one of yours :-)

Offline Maxime

• Trophy Member
  • trophy 1200se
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph trophy1200se
  • City / Town: Oostende
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 02:40:44 PM »
Pooksta  :400: to the forum.

Greetings

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 03:01:07 PM »
 :400: to the forum.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 11:05:32 PM »
 :400: Pooksta to Trophy ownership and the forum. Like yourself I also owned a 4 cylinder 1200 Trophy. Great bike, but my 2016 is so much better. Maybe we should try to touch base in the future, just saying. You've got some great roads over your side of the bay,

Digital, in answer to your question re the fire situation. I live about an hour and a half East of Melbourne. Though we here in Trafalgar weren't impacted by the fires directly we have been subject to the thickest of smoke on a fairly regular basis. Today visibility is down to about 750 metres.

The fires are still burning in the high country [mountains] to our North/East, hence the smoke. At this time of the year we get a lot of north/easterly winds. It is only now that some of the small communities that have been decimated have had access to them reinstated.

It will be a long while before "life" gets back to some form of normality. Just one example, being a close friend who lives in Corryong [N/E Victoria] told me of his uncle living in Tintaldra [N/E Vic.] who had 150 heifers [milking cows] that were due to come on milking next year. Well after the fires ravaged his area, he buried all bar 11 that survived. Losses that can't be regained anytime quickly.

And that is only one "small" incident out of hundreds if not thousands of similar situations. Very sad times indeed. This weekend coming my wife and I will go up to Sarsfield [nearly wiped out by fire], just N/E from Bairnsdale [2 hours east of Trafalgar] to look at the property that we once owned. Five acres with two homes on it. The large main house and a small 2 bedroom cottage that we used for renting purposes. We had over twenty different fruit trees, a good sized dam, two paddocks that we had a few Dorper sheep on,  two large sheds, and in my opinion, the most beautiful garden surrounding the main house.

Well the small cottage was burnt along with a good amount of the surrounding trees and sheds.

Though we don't live there now, my wife and I shed many a tear over the loss of what had been our beautiful property. Everyone has a similar story to tell of either direct or indirect impact that these fires have produced.

We pray for rain, that has been in very short supply this year. Thank you for your thoughts Digital and others. Cheers.  :821: :158:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline Pooksta

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 12:00:54 AM »
Thanks Hackle,

Always up for a ride. I live only 20 minutes from the start of the Great Ocean Road so if your planning on coming over this way, let me know. My wife has a small business making tailored sheepskin seat covers for bikes so you can email me there. info@cruisncomfort.com

The Otway Ranges is gold for bikers too. Great roads and scenery plus some boutique micro breweries if your into that!

Ride safe always,

Pooksta  :) 

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 05:18:34 PM »
 :400: and  :821:
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave