Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: tank bag ?  (Read 3545 times)

Offline swartsie

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrow
tank bag ?
« on: January 14, 2020, 03:42:14 PM »
Just wondering if the new "Pin System" tank bags from Shad will work on the Trophy. link here > http://www.shad.es/en/l22/pin-system
I checked their web site and it showed that it wasn't compatible with the Trophy, but it was for the Sprint GT that i have as well. After checking out both gas tank caps, they are identical ! I think it should work..? Has anyone got a Shad tank bag? It looks like the only thing you would have to be careful with is the handlebars that might hit the tank bag ? Or any info on tank bags that will work that aren't too big as i just need a small one of course !
Thanks for any info Trophy Club !

Offline nert

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hopewell, NJ
Re: tank bag ?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 02:14:06 AM »
The bags look great, as well as the mounting system. I have the Triumph Trophy SE tank bag and it is very narrow at the forward end. And it needs to be for the handlebars. Based on that only, I think you might have a clearance issue. I think, you should be the first to buy it and test it, as the bag can always default to your Sprint GP.

Offline Yellow jacket

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017Trophy/15Explore
  • City / Town: Portland, Ore.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 01:06:01 AM »
I also would like to transfer my  SW motech tank bag from my Explorer to my (new to me) Trophy gas cap ring. I'm wondering if a second ring adapted to the first might raise it up high enough?

Online Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Master
  • Have Trophy, Will Travel
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE - Black
  • City / Town: N. WI / S. AZ
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 10:02:31 PM »
Raise the tank bag too high, and you won’t be able to see the instruments...

I own the OEM Tank Bag, and find that it, like every other tank bag I have ever owned, has an equal amount of “pluses and minuses”. I only use it on trips these days, the same as my panniers.

It did take me a while, but I finally broke down and paid the exorbitant price for the handlebar bag from Touratech. I find it to be the perfect size for a small camera, garage door opener, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc.  :028:
Probationary Twisted Trophies Member (Non-Texan)

Offline Blacktruck

• Trophy Member
  • Out for a ride
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Texarkana Texas
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 03:16:21 AM »
I too have the factory tank bag for the Trophy. Aside from long trips, I mean really long, it is more of a pain than it is good. It does look right on the bike but I find it too high and unlike some other bags I used, I feel almost crowded in by it. I will keep it as long as I have the bike but not recommend anyone to get one like it.

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 12:12:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Yellow jacket [+]
I also would like to transfer my  SW motech tank bag from my Explorer to my (new to me) Trophy gas cap ring. I'm wondering if a second ring adapted to the first might raise it up high enough?

The rings fit perfectly.

To the ring of the fuel tank, I put the stops that I show in the photo so that it rises enough and fits perfectly.

Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2020, 12:03:36 AM »
Blacktruck. Further to your comment re not purchasing an original Trophy tank bag. I feel that thankfully everyone has different needs and thoughts. My original Trophy tank bag is always on the bike when I'm riding it. Yes, it's largish, yes, it gets in the way when the bars are fully turned, but I feel it serves my purposes for all the little items that have found their way into it.
 Also I have done the modification to be able to carry a water bladder in the lower part of the bag. Very handy when I have the good wife on board as she doesn't like me wearing a drink bladder on my back, says it intrudes into her space. As I said at the start, everyone is different. Cheers.  :821: :158:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline Blacktruck

• Trophy Member
  • Out for a ride
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Texarkana Texas
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2020, 03:55:18 PM »
Well said sir. I agree that we all ride and farkle our bikes as we see fit. I love the Trophy but it is tall enough to get on without having to get around the bag. If I am on a long trip, it will be in place. Unfortunately most of my riding throughout the year includes a lot of commuting and short trips. I would never sell the bag as long as I have a Trophy but would also urge others to find another solution if they are in need of a tank bag. Not sure what the availability of the OEM tank bags are currently but when I bought mine, they were not readily available at most dealerships. I found mine on a close out from a dealer that was closing. All of that said, it does look right when attached to the bike. Installing and removing it is easier than any other tank bag I have used.

I'm working away from home currently and don't have my Trophy with me. I miss riding the Trophy. 

tweedy-bunch