Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Silly question....  (Read 2569 times)

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Edmonton
Silly question....
« on: June 25, 2014, 06:01:10 am »
I noticed on my ride tonight that the mirrors vibrate allot.  The ride feels smooth and this is not a huge issue... Something I actually just noticed.  I know at higher speeds there tends to be vibration on all bikes so I am sure this is  normal but wanted others input and find out if this is common. 

Offline Nudger

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 2013
  • City / Town: Dartford. Kent
Re: Silly question....
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 07:47:04 am »
I haven't experienced any vibration with the mirrors, perhaps someone can shed some light on why it's happening. Hope you get it sorted.

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 08:08:19 am »
I guess there's something to look at, never experienced any vibrations with the Trophy's mirrors  :187: :084:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 08:50:01 am »
The only "Silly" question is the one that doesn't get asked !  :169:

I can't say I ever noticed any excessive vibration.

I assume you've checked the obvious - that they are "popped" into the Housings correctly,
( they "pop" out - If you pull the outer edges away from the pod they will swing out of the pod,
to allow access for changing Indicator bulbs and accessing screws for taking parts of the Fairing off ),
and that everything feels nice and "tight" ?

The only think that I noticed was that when adjusting the position of them they were quite stiff to move,
and ( being an ex Demo bike ), the right hand mirror glass had been cracked by someone trying a bit too hard to adjust them !

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Edmonton
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 12:48:41 pm »
Thanks for the feedback ... The vibration is slight and I noticed it on the highway @ 100km giver or take.  When I looked in mirror I noticed the reflection of headlights on cars behind me did seem to vibrate.  The image was clear although not perfectly clear due to this vibration. The entire bike must vibrate to some degree so I chalked it up to this.  I will mention it at the 800k service

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 02:21:14 pm »
My mirrors aren't clear except at certain RPM--at 75 mph in 6th they are crystal clear.  Below 4000 RPM there is a minor vibration as I go through the gears and compared to ST-1300 or Gold Wing it is a buzzy bike.  Coming off different bikes would probably make it seem really smooth.  You can tell how much its really vibrating by sliding your hand over onto the bar end weight.  The grip will feel really smooth compared to that.

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 04:01:54 pm »
I think most of us are used to some vibration in our mirrors.   Back in the day, you could only see in them at certain engine RPMs, haha, had a Honda 350 twin that would make even your eyeballs numb.
Had an ST1300 prior to the TTSE and one of the few things I didn't appreciate about it was that the V4 was very 'automotive' in character, had virtually no powerband, and seldom needed to be shifted.   I immediately fell in love with the character of the triple, though, like most girls, I wish she didn't 'talk' quite so much... (:>
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC
2021 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES ( in the mail )...

Offline enGage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 01:45:21 am »
I have not experienced any vibration in my mirrors at any speed.  My Thunderbird was another story but with my TTSE I always see a smooth image in the mirrors.

Perhaps you have a wheel out of balance.